Can I serve alcohol?

If you have a permit from the State of CT to serve alcohol on your existing patio with no modifications proposed, yes.

If you are asking for a Temporary Certificate for Outdoor Dining (TCOD) for a modification, or a new patio, The State Liquor Commission will require you to obtain local approval on their form.  They have told the Town that the process will be expedited.  Once your TCOD is approved at the Town level, you may apply to the State.  The Town will sign off on the required forms as quickly as possible.

If you do not have a current liquor license, you will not be able to serve alcohol on the patio.  You may allow BYOB in this case.

The TCOD is for dining with ancillary alcohol service as permitted by the State of CT.  Outdoor bars are not permitted.

Pursuant to Executive Order 7MMhours of operation are limited to 9:00 PM from Sunday through Thursday and 11:00 PM on Fridays and Saturdays. 

This requirement supercedes any later hours that might otherwise be permitted.

Show All Answers

1. Are permits required?
2. What is the fee?
3. What if we already have an outdoor dining area approved by the Town?
4. Do I need professionally drawn plans for submission?
5. Do I need a permit from Westbrook Health Department?
6. Can I use areas of my parking lot, lawn, or other designated outdoor areas?
7. Am I required to cover my dining area (example tent or table umbrellas)?
8. Can I install tents within temporary dining areas?
9. Can I serve alcohol?
10. How long will my TCOD be valid?
11. Who do I contact for a Temporary Certificate for Outdoor Dining