Transfer station is closing at 1:00pm Town Hall Closing at 2pm Wednesday November 22nd and closed November 23-24 for the Thanksgiving Holiday
With Thanksgiving just a week away, there is no better time for us to look out for our neighbors who may be experiencing challenges this year. There are a number of food pantries, food drives and charity drives helping local residents this holiday season, including:
- Shoreline Soup Kitchens, which provides aid in the area and accepts donations at pantries with a schedule of drop-offs and locations for collection bins accessible here;
- Chester Human Services' Holiday Campaign, accepting food and gift donations at Town Hall during regular business hours;
- The Colchester Food Bank, with a cart in the lobby of Town Hall accepting donations during regular business hours;
- The Deep River Food Pantry, accepting donations at Town Hall or the Social Services/Tri-Town Youth Services building;
- The East Hampton Food Bank, accepting donations at 43 West High Street
- The East Haddam Food Bank, open for donations at 488 Town Street on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon and 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Haddam's Emergency Food Bank, which operates with Haddam Social Services at 11 Jail Hill Road
- The Portland Food Bank at 7 Waverly Avenue, which receives food donations on Mondays and Thursdays from 9 to 11:45 a.m.
Please help others in need if you are able this holiday season.