Regional Paper Shredding, Household Waste Events
The Lower Connecticut River Valley Council of Governments will hold a series of satellite events for paper shredding and household hazardous waste on upcoming Saturdays in the spring, summer and fall.
Shredding events, which are open to any resident to bring up to five bags or boxes of personal residential papers to shred, will be held from 9 a.m. to noon at:
- The Colchester-East Hampton Water Pollution Control Facility at 20 Gildersleeve Drive in East Hampton on May 13;
- The Westbrook Town Hall, 866 Boston Post Road, on June 24;
- The Middlefield Community Center at 205 Main Street on September 23; and
- The Chester Town Hall at 203 Middlesex Avenue on October 14.
Hazardous waste collection will take place on selected Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. including at:
- Clinton Public Works Garage, 117 Nod Road, on April 22;
- Colchester-East Hampton Water Pollution Control Facility on May 6;
- Lyme/Old Lyme Middle School, 49 Lyme Street, June 17;
- Woodside Intermediate School, 30 Woodside Road in Cromwell, June 22;
- the HHW Facility at 11 Dump Road in Essex on August 19;
- Middlesex Community College at 100 Training Hill Road in Middletown on September 16; and
- Haddam Elementary School at 272 Saybrook Road in Higganum on October 21.