Westbrook Emergency Management
866 Boston Post Road
Westbrook, CT 06498
February 4, 2021
To: All Westbrook Residents
Effective immediately the Town of Westbrook will add a new notification for residents to receive separate COVID-19 information only.
The new system will be in addition to the current options of emergency public notifications that include news media, websites, social media and reverse notification as part of the town's Emergency Operation Plan. There is no cost to the town or the resident who decides to opt into the system.
New System: COVDCT Reverse Notification
• Residents must register (opt in) and choose their notification method.
• Information will be specific to COVID-19 only, no other topics.
• Safe and secure system using the same platforms used for other emergency notifications.
NOTE: If you only want notification via your house (land line phone) or viewing on our websites and social media, then you don't need to anything. Your house phone is already in the system and can't be cancelled.
How to Register (Opt In) - For Email -Cellular-Text Notifications
• Visit the State of Connecticut COVID website at www.ct.gov/covidupdates and click on "SIGN UP NOW" for the COVIDCT list
- OR- (CHOOSE ONE)
• Text message COVIDCT to 888777
What Information is Collected?
• Name, Address and choice of how do you want to receive the information; email, cell phone (voice), or a text message
• Your Age
• Access to Transportation for vaccinations if needed
➢ This newly created system does NOT replace town notifications for life and safety emergencies; tropical storm, hurricane, evacuation, etc. Residents are strongly encouraged to remain registered in both programs. To register (opt in) into the life and safety emergency notification program visit www.westbrookem.com for more information.
➢ When registering for the new COVDCT notification system, the message will be from the First Selectman, Health Director or the Emergency Management Director.
Emergency Management Director