Westbrook Town Hall Reopening
Noel Bishop, First Selectman
The Westbrook Town Hall will reopen to the public on Monday September 14, 2020. This reopening date was thoroughly discussed and agreed upon by the Westbrook COVID-19 Recovery Committee. Westbrook-specific and State of Connecticut COVID-19 public health metrics support the Committee’s decision.
It is still strongly encouraged for the public to conduct Town business via postal mail, e-mail, phone, and the drop-box located at the rear of Town Hall.
Measures have been implemented for the health and safety of all Town Hall employees and visitors:
- Masks or cloth face coverings required to be worn by all Town Hall employees and visitors, in accordance with the State of Connecticut’s Safe Workplace Rules and Executive Order 7NNN.
- A document drop box available at the rear of Town Hall, which is strongly encouraged to be used.
- Outside table and chairs provided as an alternative to entering Town Hall (Call the specific Town Department you wish to do business with and they can bring property files and other documents outside).
- Hand sanitizer located throughout Town Hall at entrance/exits, hallways, and Departments.
- No-touch entrance/exit doors installed.
- No-touch restroom soap dispensers installed.
- Plexiglass barriers installed on Department counter tops.
- Floor markings placed in Departments and hallways to depict 6 feet of physical distancing between one another, which must be adhered to.
- Clean pens provided to visitors as needed for document signing.
- Restrooms and high touch objects disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- Safe hygiene reminders posted throughout Town Hall.
- Public meetings held in the multi-purpose room with social distancing between individuals and open doors for increased outside air ventilation.
- Public meeting capacity limited to 25 individuals in the multi-purpose room, in accordance with the State of Connecticut’s limits on indoor gatherings.
- Public meetings broadcasted live online via Zoom or by telephone, which individuals are strongly recommended to utilize.
- The Senior Center remains closed until further notice.
- The Land Use Department strongly encourages the public to continue to conduct business via postal mail, e-mail, phone, and the drop-box located at the rear of Town Hall. Property files and documents may be viewed at the outside table, as an alternative to entering Town Hall.
- The Resident State Trooper’s Office is open by appointment for fingerprinting services, etc, as was the norm pre-pandemic. For information or questions on the Resident State Trooper’s services, please call 860-399-7304.
- The Town Clerk’s office will be open, but vault access will be limited to achieve social distancing. The public is encouraged to continue dropping off recordings, documents, marriage licenses, etc. in the outside drop box marked “Town Clerk.” Requests for vital records, marriage licenses, hunting and fishing licenses, liquor permits, map copies, etc. will be by appointment only. For information or questions on Town Clerk services, please call 860-399-3044.
- The Social Services office is open by appointment. For heating assistance applications, please utilize postal mail and the drop box located at the rear of Town Hall. For information on Social Services, please call 860-399-3090.
- In addition to wearing a mask or cloth face covering, the Town of Westbrook requires all visitors to maintain at least 6 feet of physical separation between one another.
Town Hall visitors must adhere to the 6 feet floor indicator markings to ensure proper physical separation between individuals when in Departments and hallways.
Town Hall visitors are asked to utilize hand sanitizer and wash their hands often.
If a visitor is experiencing, or has been around an individual experiencing any of the following symptoms, please DO NOT enter Town Hall.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Please stay home and contact your medical provider as warranted.