**ATTENTION SENIOR CENTER PARTICIPANTS**
AS OF MARCH 16, 2020, DUE TO THE RISK OF COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) SPREADING AMONG ELDERLY PERSONS IN CONGREGATE SETTINGS. ALL MEALS AND ACTIVITIES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY
- Do you have food?
- Do you have access to you medications?
- Do you have basic necessities?
If you have answered "NO" to any of the following questions, please call (860) 399-2029 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
During our closure, Amber and I will make every effort to check in on our Senior residents here in Westbrook and our neighboring towns. Since we are limited to only having phone numbers of Seniors who participate in our programs, please forward to us the contact information of a Senior in need or a Senior who just needs to hear a friendly voice.
If you know of any Seniors who might have questions about or require services during our closure, please email me: email@example.com or call (860)399-2029. Email and voicemail are checked daily.
Having never dealt with a health crisis as large as this and strict Executive Orders for Congregate settings, we will do our best to make sure our area Seniors are well.
- New Program Starting July 1st 2020: During these challenging times when so many of us are staying at home, we need to get creative with new ways to stay connected. Sometimes “what’s old is new again”, and that’s why we’re turning to letter writing. Wouldn’t you love to see a letter in your mailbox? And how about getting to know a new friend through letters? Call or email us to sign up for the Pen Pal Program!
- Start date postponed : Healthy Aging Support Group 5:30 PM. Light dinner will be served. Support group will meet on the last Thursday of every month
- April 1-start date postponed : Tai Ji Quan Movement for Better Balance - 24 week evidence based program for better balance. Sign up is required. FREE
- April 8th start date postponed Dance with Parkinson's. Every Wednesday 10:45-12:00 pm. Drop in. FREE
- Tuesday May 5th- Postponed : Lunch and Learn- Shoulder Health presented by: Select Physical Therapy Lunch served at noon, presentation at 1:00 pm @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Click HERE to view a Tai Chi Chuan class led by Suzanne Hanley (our Friday Tai Chi instructor)
- Attention Tai Ji Quan- Moving for Better Balance Participants Click HERE to view a Tai Ji Quan session led by Kate! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Starting April 8, the Westbrook Senior Center in collaboration with the Westbrook VNA will offer a FREE weekly evidenced based program called Dance with Parkinson’s. Studies have shown the benefit of dance with persons diagnosed with PD to increase confidence, improve balance, gait and quality of life. Caregivers/Spouses are welcome to attend. Wednesday’s 10:45am-12:00pm. Instructor Rose Costanza
Led by Rebecca Kieran LCSW. Join Rebecca for a FREE, lively support group at the Westbrook Senior Center. Once a month, we will gather to discuss a wide range of topics which may include but is not limited to: Aging, grief and loss, downsizing, family dynamics, maintaining healthy lifestyles, as well as trainings on topics of interest. Rebecca has been a Licensed Clinical Social Worker for 30 years and has been working with Westbrook VNA for the last 2+ years as a therapist.
Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance: Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance® (TJQMBB) is a research-based balance training regimen designed for older adults at risk of falling and people with balance disorders. Fuzhong Li, Ph. D., a Senior Scientist at Oregon Research Institute, developed the program. Each session is 24 weeks- Program is FREE Instructor: Kate Wilson-Perez
The mission of the Westbrook Senior Center is to improve the quality of life for Senior Citizens of Westbrook and our neighboring shoreline towns.
The Senior Center welcomes citizens 60 years of age or older to participate in our many daily activities directed by staff and volunteers.