**ATTENTION SENIOR CENTER PARTICIPANTS**
WESTBROOK SENIOR CENTER
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING COVID-19
The closure of Westbrook Senior Center to the public will continue until further notice.
The closure continues to follow the Governor’s Executive Order. We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated as to when we can resume operations. Please call (860) 399-2029 or check the Town website for updates.
September is Falls Prevention Month
Check below for important information and links to a
“Falls- Free- Checkup Survey”.
Did you know that 1 in 4 Americans aged 65+ falls every year? Falls are the leading cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries for older Americans. Falls are costly—in dollars and in quality of life.
However, falling is not an inevitable part of aging. Through practical lifestyle adjustments, evidence-based programs, and community partnerships, the number of falls among seniors can be reduced substantially.
- Get ideas to celebrate Falls Prevention Awareness Week, September 21-25, 2020, in your community;
- Learn how you can reduce your risk of falling and protect your older loved ones from a serious fall;
- Read a blog to stay up-to-date on the latest Falls Prevention tips, news and resources;
- Explore a blueprint with 40 strategies to reduce falls and fall-related injuries among older adults;
- Explore evidence-based programs than have been proven to help older adults reduce their risk of falling;
- Join a Falls Free® Initiative, a national effort to address the growing public health issue of fall-related injuries and deaths.
The coronavirus pandemic has changed a lot of things. One thing that’s still the same? Falling is NOT a normal part of aging.
There are steps you can take to reduce your risk. Answer 12 questions to learn more.
Join a free webinar by clicking on the image:
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Click HERE to view a Tai Chi Chuan class led by Suzanne Hanley (our Friday Tai Chi instructor)
- Attention Tai Ji Quan- Moving for Better Balance Participants Click HERE to view a Tai Ji Quan session led by Kate! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The mission of the Westbrook Senior Center is to improve the quality of life for Senior Citizens of Westbrook and our neighboring shoreline towns.
The Senior Center welcomes citizens 60 years of age or older to participate in our many daily activities directed by staff and volunteers.