IMPORTANT UPDATE:    March 23, 2020 

March 23, 2020 update from the Town Clerk’s Office

To ensure the safety of our residents and employees:

We are encouraging everyone to please mail any recording documents to this office to help eliminate foot traffic into the town hall building. We will be happy to notify you when the documents are recorded if you indicate a request for us to do so.

Urgent issues  that require coming into the building must be set up by appointment only at 860-399-3044 ext 1118.

All land records can be found at and can be viewed free of charge.

For all other services, please leave a message on the above phone line and all calls will be returned in a timely fashion. You may also reach me at  We are working every day to ensure that documents and statutorial duties of this office are available to everyone who needs them.

Welcome from joan angelini, Westbrook Town Clerk

The Town Clerk’s office operates under and is governed by our Connecticut General Statutes as well as our town ordinances.  We are the "keeper of the records" for the town; a library of information from land records to vital statistics and the history of our town, veteran’s discharge papers, trade name certificates, dog licenses, etc..

We are often the first stop during your visit to the town hall and we are happy to help you.

We are happy to also provide a notary service and encourage you to contact this office to make arrangements with the town clerk to notorize your document(s).  The fee is $5.00 and is payable by cash or check.  Please verify with the town clerk the documents that can be notorized in this office.  


The Town Clerk is the "safe keeper" of the public records, including:

  • Birth, death and marriage certificates
  • Board and commission agendas and minutes
  • Land records including deeds and maps (survey/subdivision)
  • Town ordinances and special acts
  • Veteran’s discharge papers (DD214s)

Other Services

Please come to see us and we can help you with the following:

  • Recording documents related to real estate transactions
  • Release liens and Mortgages related to your Westbrook property
  • Filing of Maps for your property
  • Search titles of properties
  • Issue Marriage Licenses for couples who wish to marry in Westbrook
  • Issue and renew Dog Licenses 
  • Issue Liquor Permits and Trade Name Certification
  • File Death Certificates
  • Obtain certified copies of Marriages, Births and Deaths
  • Issue Absentee Ballots for all state and local elections
  • IF you need to file or get a copy of a Waters Edge Timeshare Deed

Dog Ordinance Update

For information on the updated dog ordinance, please view the Updated Dog Ordinance (PDF).


You may also call us at 860-399-3044, or email the Town Clerk for any additional questions or information you may need.  

The Town Clerk’s Office is often the first point of contact for people coming into Mulvey Municipal Center (866 Boston Post Road). We are here to assist you and we are committed to providing a high level of customer service to everyone who comes to this office.


Town_meeting_01Town Meeting Agendas are available prior to the meetings. 

Minutes will become available following their approval.

View Most Recent Town Meeting Agendas and Minutes