Today on 03/26/2017
Nothing scheduled for today
Town Hall Hours
Mon - Wed / 9:00am - 4:00pm
Thu / 9:00am - 7:00pm
Fri / 9:00am - Noon
New Emergency Notification System
Democratic Registrar of VotersPatricia Moran
Republican Registrar of VotersNancy Moore
A person, in order to be admitted as an Elector in a Connecticut town, must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be a bona fide resident of the town in which he seeks to be admitted. (A bona fide resident is one whose fixed home is in the town in which he applies and to which home or town he intends to return when he is temporarily away.)
- Must have attained the age of 18 years by Election Day.
- Any citizen 17 years of age as of the next General Election may register, with such registration being effective on the citizen’s 18th birthday. Those eligible 17 year olds who register with a party will be able to vote in the Presidential Primary on April 26, 2016.
- Must not have been convicted of a disfranchising felony unless voting rights have been restored.
Those who qualify for enrollment may get a registration application from the Registrars of Voters Office, Westbrook Library, or from the Secretary of the State website. Completed applications should be returned to the Registrars of Voters, 866 Boston Post Road, Westbrook, CT 06498 or may be filled out on-line.
Town of Westbrook Notice
If you want to see if you are registered to vote, you can go to the Secretary of State’s website (www.dir.sots.ct.govLookUp) and type your name and birth date in the box. If you are registered to vote, you will get a response listing the Mulvey Municipal Center as your polling place. If you are not registered, click on the “Register to vote on-line” icon on this page and you can register to vote or you can come into the Town Hall to register in person.
Absentee Ballots for the November 8, 2016 Presidential Election are available on October 7, 2016, from the Town Clerk. Applications are available on their web page or in their office.
October 4, 2016 – A special registration session to complete the preliminary registry list. This session will be held in the Registrars’ office from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
November 1, 2016 – A special registration will be held from 9:00 am – 8:00 pm. The last day to register prior to the election. Applicants must appear in person with identification to register.
Any mail-in registrations must be postmarked no later than November 1, 2016 in order to be eligible to vote on November 8th. This includes any hand delivered applications left in the mail box outside the Registrars’ office.
November 7, 2016 – A limited registration session will be held from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm for any person whose qualifications to age, citizenship or residence was attained since the November 1st registration session.
November 8, 2016 – Voting will take place at the Mulvey Municipal Center Multi-purpose Room – 866 Boston Post Road, Westbrook. Hours are 6:00 am – 8:00 pm.
Election Day Registration – For those voters who missed the registrations sessions, you may come to the office of the Registrar of Voters on election day to fill out a voter registration application. We will then check on your voter status and if you are deemed eligible to vote, you will receive a ballot to vote. It is recommended that you register prior to this to avoid possible long lines.
Party Transfer Deadline