|Town Clerk||Joan S. Angelini||Ext email@example.com|
|Assistant Town Clerk||Deborah B. DeCristoforo||Ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
Mon - Wed / 9:00am - 4:00pm
Thu / 9:00am - 7:00pm
Fri / 9:00am - Noon
866 Boston Post Road
Westbrook, CT 06498
Phone: (860) 399-3044
** IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SEARCHES ON-LINE
EFFECTIVE JULY 13, 2016, LAND RECORDS GOING BACK TO 1972 FOR THE TOWN OF WESTBROOK, CT CAN BE FOUND AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATION:
WE KNOW YOU WILL FIND THIS TO BE AN EASY USER FRIENDLY WEBSITE.Click here - for accessing public records online. Indexed information for land and other recorded information.
WE KNOW YOU WILL FIND THIS TO BE AN EASY USER FRIENDLY!
List of Justices of the Peace
- You can also use findajp.com to find a Justice of the Peace.
- The cost for a marriage license is $30.00 Certified copies are recommended for name changes or insurance changes and those are $20.00 each.
- Both parties to the marriage must appear in person before the registrar and apply for the license; however, they need not both appear at the same time. The license must be dated, signed and sworn to by each applicant. Requirements are a completed marriage license application which is completed when you come into town clerk’s office along with required photo identification, preferably a driver’s license with a photo and signature or a passport. The entire process takes about 30 minutes and there is no waiting period for obtaining the marriage license. Also, there are no blood tests required in Connecticut.
- When a marriage license is issued, it is valid for 65 days. Anyone being married in Westbrook must obtain their marriage license in our Westbrook office.
- We have a list of Justices of the Peace that are available to the public.
- Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact myself or my staff.
- Marriage licenses and certified copies are paid for at the time of application and can be done with either cash or a personal check.
- Every dog, except dogs kept under a kennel license as provided in 22-342 of the Connecticut General Statutes, must be licensed when it becomes six months old and then annually in June. Licenses run from June 30 of current year to July 1st of next year. Licenses are issued by the Town Clerk’s office.
- Fees for the licenses are as follows:
Neutered male/spayed female - $8.00
For unaltered males/unsprayed female - $19.00
- These fees are broken down and most of the money is forwarded to the Animal Population Control fund, the state and town Clerk Fee is $1.00 per license.
- A penalty of $1.00 per month or fraction of a month is charged when an owner fails to license a dog when it becomes six months old. However, no penalty is charged if an owner presents certain proof of new ownership.
- Proof of rabies vaccination is required when registering new licenses. For renewals, if the rabies vaccination has expired, a new certificate and tag number must be provided at time of renewal.