WESTBROOK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Location: Located on the Westbrook Town Green
Hours: Open Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. ‐ 12:00 p.m. or
by special arrangement
Like us on Facebook: Westbrook Historical Society on Facebook
- Catherine Neidlinger Doane, President, 860-399-6100
- Libby Waldron, Vice President, (Phone number currently unavailable)
- Darlene Jones, Treasurer, (Phone number currently unavailable)
- Marcy Fuller, Secretary, (Phone number currently unavailable)
- Bucky Bock, Archivist 860-399-7473
- To perpetuate the memory of the original settlers of Westbrook.
- To promote the study of history of Westbrook and encourage interest in it.
- To acquire, preserve and display documents, relics, and records relating to the history of Westbrook.
- To mark, by suitable monuments and inscriptions, places of historical interest.
- To stimulate and promote community activity in preserving historical articles, sites and buildings
WESTBROOK GARDEN CLUB
"Promote interest, understanding and education of gardening, horticulture and floral design; beautify our community, and conserve our natural resources."
The club is eager to work with the community to help fulfill its objectives. We are looking for garden enthusiasts to join our club now. Please come grow with us! For information on becoming a member please email us at email@example.com
The club has an exciting set of free educational programs scheduled for 2015. Programs are held in the community room of the Westbrook Public Library and begin at 7:00 PM.
Dear Friends of the Westbrook Garden Club,
It is geranium ordering time again this year. I hope you will consider purchasing some this year even if we are still wearing our mufflers! It will get warmer! Please feel free to spread the word!
We have the same plant mix as last year:
- Red, White or Pink colors
- Zonal (upright) or ivy tapes
- 4 inch ports or hanging baskets
The prices are the same as last year:
- $4.60 per pot
- $45 for 10 pots
- $18 for the hanging baskets
Your order helps the garden club support its programs:
- Garden Club Scholarship
- Town Beautification Efforts - We mind 40+ Garden Spots all around Westbrook
- Maintenance of Westbrook Town Green Gazebo Landscaping
- Free Public Education on Gardening, Conservation & Floral Design
- Holiday Floral Arrangements for Westbrook Senior Center & more...
Pick-up will be at our May Garden Market, Saturday, May 7, 9 am to 2 pm, Westbrook Town Green where you will find annuals, perennials, member plants and crafts. The children's potting bench will be back
Please send me your order by this Thursday, April 14.
Thank you so much for helping the Westbrook Garden Club
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Girl Scout “pathways” allow a girl the opportunity to shape her own Girl Scout experience.
· Camp: Girls participate in day or resident camps with a focus on the outdoors and/or environmental education.
· Events: Girls participate in events (e.g., career day) locally and state-wide.
· Series: Girls participate in a sequence of programs relating to a specific theme or purpose (e.g., high-adventure teen group or completion of the "It's Your World—Change It!" journey over a six-week period).
· Travel: Girls plan, earn money, prepare, and participate in regional, national, and international trips.
· Troop/Group: Girls participate in regular meetings and activities are based upon group interests and abilities.
For more information: Girl Scouts of Connecticut