The contractor will provide a scope of work to be done under this contract to include the following:
Contractor to furnish all labor and materials to construct an accessible ramp as per as Plans A1 by Wyeth Architects LLC dated 9/28/2018 and as per the 2018 CT State Building code to include the ICC A117.1-2009 with CT amendments.
01. Concrete: 3,500 PSI
02. Brick: Watsontown Philadelphia Brick, SW, FSB – to match existing.
03. New exposed brick joints to be tooled to match existing.
04. Railings: Ultra Signature (Custom Factory-Assembled), or Ultra Max (Kit)
Aluminum railing: Two-Rail post-to-post with ADA Handrail. Textured
05. Railings: 42” tall, typical. 36” tall single pipe handrails where noted as
06. Removeable rail sections: Gravity set on pins with padlock loops, typ.
07. Coordinate selected railing post anchors per manufacturer’s
recommendations. Seal connections.
08. Ramp: Pitch away from building 1/8” per foot.
09. Ramp: Slope no greater than 1:12
10. Sidewalk: Slope no greater that 1:20
11. Ramp and sidewalk: Broom finish with tooled edgesgrating: Fibergrate
composite structure’s ecograte 62 molding grating or approved equal.
Load bar pattern runs parallel to building.
12. Coordinate door work by Town for threshold selection and seal.
13. Comply with ACI cold weather concrete placement if the outdoor
Demolition is not required. It will be performed by the Town. All landings,
ramps, foundations, footing, railings will be removed prior to work.
The air conditioning unit will be moved by Wilcox Energy and all electrical
work will be done by others, including the removal of existing lighting for reuse.