Do I need professionally drawn plans for submission?

A survey is preferred.  If one does not exist, a sketch/drawing would be required. The drawing must conform to the requirements listed on the application form.  Plans and written narrative should allow staff to determine the following:

  • The exact location and dimensions of the dining area.
  • The proximity of the dining area to adjacent uses will help staff determine if screening/fencing is required.
  • The number of tables and how they will be spaced.
  • The illustrated pathway that will be taken to and from the kitchen by wait staff.
  • Location of waste receptacles.
  • Location of any temporary structures, including tents.
  • Where required by size, tents must meet construction, wind load, and installation standards.
  • Where required, tent construction and fire ratings shall be reviewed by the Fire Marshal.

Show All Answers

1. Are permits required?
2. What is the fee?
3. What if we already have an outdoor dining area approved by the Town?
4. Do I need professionally drawn plans for submission?
5. Do I need a permit from Westbrook Health Department?
6. Can I use areas of my parking lot, lawn, or other designated outdoor areas?
7. Am I required to cover my dining area (example tent or table umbrellas)?
8. Can I install tents within temporary dining areas?
9. Can I serve alcohol?
10. How long will my TCOD be valid?
11. Who do I contact for a Temporary Certificate for Outdoor Dining