ANNUAL TOWN BUDGET MEETING
TOWN OF WESTBROOK, CONNECTICUT
The legal voters of the Town of Westbrook, Connecticut and all others qualified to vote in meetings of the said Town are hereby notified and warned that the Annual Town Budget Meeting, established pursuant to Section 7-388 of the Connecticut General Statutes, will be held in the Westbrook High School Auditorium, 156 McVeagh Road, Westbrook, Connecticut, on Monday, May 15, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. to act on the following matters:
- To consider and act upon the adoption of the Annual Town Budget for the Fiscal Year July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024, as estimated and recommended by the Board of Finance pursuant to Section 7-344 of the Connecticut General Statutes, in the amount of $33,348,689.00.
- To determine and designate, pursuant to Section 12-142, 12-144 and 12-144a, of the Connecticut General Statutes, that taxes levied on said budget will be due any payable as follows:
- All motor vehicle tax bills will be due and payable in fully on July 1, 2023.
- All real estate and personal property tax bills $100.00 or less will be due and payable in full on July 1, 2023.
- Real estate and personal property tax bills over $100.00 may be paid in two installments with one half due July 1, 2023, and one half due on January 1, 2024.
- To approve the Fiscal Year 2024-2028 Capital Improvement Plan.
“In accordance with American with Disabilities Act, Final Rule 1994 for State and Local Government Facilities, Special Accommodations will be provided upon notification to agency within a reasonable time of such need.”
Dated at Westbrook, Connecticut this 4th day of May 2023
Board of Selectman
John Hall, III, First Selectman
Chester Bialicki, Selectman
Joseph Campbell, Selectman
To download a copy of the official notice, click here:
I HEREBY CERTIFY that on the 4th day of May,2023, I posted a written copy of the attached warning and notice of the Annual Town Meeting upon all the signposts of the Town of Westbrook and all other places designated by the Town.
I FURTHER CERTIFY that on the 4th day of May,2023, I caused the attached warning and notice of the Annual Town Meeting of the Town of Westbrook to be filed with Joan Angelini its Town Clerk.
I FURTHER CERTIFY that on the 4th day of May,2023, I caused a copy of said warning and notice to be published in the Harbor News having circulation within the Town of Westbrook.
I FURTHER CERTIFY that the above acts were done by me at least five days before the holding of said meeting on Monday, May 15, 2023.
John Hall, III