Ad Hoc Energy Committee
The Westbrook Energy Committee...
was formed in 2009 to influence, develop and support energy management and sustainability initiatives and awareness. In 2010, partnering with Woodward & Curran, the committee developed Strategic Energy Management Plan.
- Communicate and promote energy-saving programs to homeowners, renters and businesses;
- Solar Initiatives on Municipal and Westbrook Board of Education Facilities;
- Energy assessments/Audit of all Municipal owned facilities;
- Assess Municipal and School Buildings energy consumption and such cost mitigation strategies;
- Community Solar for residents and businesses of Westbrook.
Energy Committee be the clearing house for all Energy Management projects that Westbrook's Boards and Committees are considering and undertaking to ensure that there is not a duplicate of effort amongst the Energy Committee and other Boards/Commissions within the Town.
Determine whether or not certain building codes and planning regulations should include energy efficiency requirements - for example, should future exterior lighting plans have LEDs as a requirement?
Increase Committee Membership - many members have been on the Committee since inception.
Street Light Replacement Project
Virtual Net Metering Power Purchase Agreement
Community outreach initiatives –
Light Bulb Swaps
Solar Community Challenges
Home Energy Assessments
All meetings except for Executive Sessions are open to the public.
Public comment is permitted at the start and conclusion of each meeting.
|Jill Brainerd||Resident||Westbrook HR/Facilities Coordinator|
|Darlene Briggs||Resident||Business Community Representative|
|Bill Frederickson||Resident||Residential Community Representative|
|Lesley Wysocki||Resident||Westbrook Board of Education|
- What kind of streetlights does Westbrook currently use?
- What are LED streetlights?
- What color of light are LED streetlight fixtures?
- Why might the new LED fixtures appear to be dimmer to some?
- Did the Town explore other options, such as wireless controls for dimming and solar-powered LED streetlight fixtures?
Tue Oct. 4
Tue Oct. 4
Wed Oct. 5