- Eviction Prevention Resources for Renters and Owners Hardships from the COVID-19 pandemic continue to be felt across the economy. The federal eviction moratorium expires this week, on July 31st. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), Department of Veteran Affairs (VA), and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) partnered on a housing assistance website to help homeowners and renters during the coronavirus pandemic. CLICK HERE FOR THE WEBSITE In Addition, The U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness has developed a Step-by-Step Guide for renters that are at risk of eviction. You can find the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) guide at the following link https://www.usich.gov/tools-for-action/at-risk-of-eviction-help-is-available/
- We Have Received the Senior Farmers' Market Coupons! Call us for more info and/or view the Senior Farmers Market Page.
- Reminder: The Renters Rebate Program is in session! Click on the link to the left or call us for more information/to get an application.
- For those in need of assistance with unemployment claims:
The DOL announced new phones numbers for this type of assistance:*Hours of operation are 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. 860-967-0493 203-941-6868 Toll Free: 800-956-3294
- Online Purchasing of Food with SNAP Benefits: Click here
for information/ FAQs.
- Pet Food Pantry:
Westbrook Social Services has received donations of cat and dog food to help you care for your pets. If you are low-income and need help with dog and cat food, please reach out to us!
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Town of Westbrook Social Services Department develops and maintains a coordinated system of social services for the residents of the Town of Westbrook, Ct.
Our staff provides advocacy, information, referral and support services to adults, families, elderly and disabled residents.
The Department serves as a key link between the serving agencies and residents. The staff also assists clients in completing a variety of assistance applications for different state, federal and private programs.
To provide adequate time to discuss your concerns, we request that you call our office to schedule an appointment. You may need to bring proof of residency and/or proof of income.
The Westbrook Social Services Department serves as a general referral source for essential services for Westbrook residents.
- Single men and women
Clients are assessed for eligible services and assisted with the completion of applications for State and Federal programs or referred to the appropriate agency (including, but not limited to) the following services:
Medicare Savings Plan (MSP)
SNAP (Food Stamps)
Intake site for CEAP/CHAP State Energy Assistance (CRT-Operation Fuel -Eversource)
Homelessness Prevention Fund
Emergency Town Food Pantry
Care 4 Kids
Campership programs for children
Husky - healthcare for children
Shoreline Soup Kitchens and Pantry
Medicaid (Title 19)
OPM Renters Rebate program
Saga (State General Assistance)
Salvation Army - Service Unit Extension
Soldiers', Sailors', and Marines' Fund
Warm the Children
Municipal Agent for the Elderly
Back to School Programs
Veteran Service Officer
Information, Advocacy and Referrals
Eversource - Utility Low Budget Worksheets, New Start and Matching Payment Programs
HES-IE – Free Home Weatherization Programs