Visiting Nurse Services
Westbrook Visiting Nurses & Public Health
Our 24-hour skilled nursing service (Medicare Certified and State Licensed Homecare Organization) is available to residents of the shoreline area - we serve the towns of:
Westbrook, Clinton, Essex, Deep River, Old Saybrook and Killingworth.
We are the official Visiting Nurse for the Town of Westbrook.
Promoting Family Health in the Home and Community
Many residents of Westbrook are unaware of the many health services available to people of all ages through the Westbrook Visiting Nurses. Since 1927, the agency has been serving the residents of Westbrook through public health, health promotion and education on a non-profit basis.
The objectives of The Westbrook Visiting Nurses & Public Health Agency are:
To provide full-time, professional nursing and other therapeutic services on an intermittent home visiting basis to all eligible residents regardless of race, creed, sex, disability or ability to pay;
- To maintain high standards of professional service and exceed customer expectations in all services provided;
- To provide a public health program to promote individual, family and community health;
- To improve community health and prevention of disease through health guidance and educational activities;
- To assist in the development of a sound community health program by coordinating its programs with those of other health, welfare and social organizations.
- Blood pressure screenings
- Health education programs
- Adult Health Promotion/Supervision
- Professional nurses provide health guidance to individuals in the home or office setting.
- Request for an assessment for care in the home may be initiated by any one for any Westbrook resident.
- Home health aide assistance
- Influenza clinics
- Administration of influenza vaccines to home-bound Westbrook residents.
- Informational and Referral Services
- The agency will assist with the provision of community resources, such as Meals on Wheels, the State Eldercare Program, etc.
- Office Visits
- We can administer injections/medications with physician orders.
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Heath counseling and education