Visiting Nurse Services
Date: March 23, 2020
To: Residents of Westbrook
From: Westbrook Visiting Nurses and Public Health
RE: COVID-19/Westbrook VNA
The office of Westbrook Visiting Nurses and Public Health is closed to walk in visits however a nurse can be reached during office hours Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 4:00 pm at 860-399-3088.
There is an answering service for important calls during off hours.
Caroline Mullaney, RN, BSN
Administrator/Supervisor Westbrook Visiting Nurses & Public Health
866 Boston Post Rd Westbrook, CT 06498
Westbrook Visiting Nurses & Public Health
Our 24-hour skilled nursing service (Medicare Certified and State Licensed Homecare Organization) is available to residents of the shoreline area - we serve the towns of:
Westbrook, Clinton, Essex, Deep River, Old Saybrook and Killingworth.
Promoting Family Health in the Home and Community
Many residents of the communities which we serve are unaware of the many health services available to people of all ages through the Westbrook Visiting Nurses. Since 1927, the agency has been serving the residents through public health on a non-profit basis.
The objectives of The Westbrook Visiting Nurses and Public Health Agency are:
To provide full-time, professional nursing and other therapeutic services on an intermittent home visiting basis to all eligible residents regardless of race, creed, sex, disability or ability to pay;
- To maintain high standards of professional service and exceed customer expectations in all services provided;
- To provide a public health program to promote individual, family and community health;
- To improve community health and prevention of disease through health guidance and educational activities;
- To assist in the development of a sound community health program by coordinating its programs with those of other health, welfare and social organizations.
- Blood pressure screenings
- Foot care clinics with the senior center
- Health education programs
- Health promotion
- Home health aide assistance
- Influenza clinics
- Informational and Referral Services
- Maternal/child health services
- Public health services