IMPORTANT UPDATE: APRIL 8, 2020
THE PRESIDENTIAL PREFERENCE PRIMARY SCHEDULED FOR APRIL april 28, 2020 IS POSTPONED UNTIL JUNE 2, 2020. All voters who have already completed an absentee ballot application for this election will be honored; there will be no need to re-apply.
SPORTING LICENSES FOR HUNTING AND FISHING: We are unable to issue these for you at this time; I apologize for the inconvenience and I encourage you to go onto the DEEP website at www.ct.gov/deep/fishing to get your license and copies of the 2020 Fishing Guide.
LAND RECORDS UPDATE : The building remains closed; please mail your documents or contact this office to make an appt to record. Our town’s land records can be found at www.searchiqs.com/ctwbk and can be viewed free of charge.
You may also reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org We are working every day to ensure that documents and statutorial duties of this office are available to everyone who needs them. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND BE SAFE.
We are often the first stop during your visit to the town hall and we are happy to help you.
WE ARE A LIBRARY FOR MANY THINGS - INCLUDING Public Records
The Town Clerk is the "safe keeper" of the public records, including:
- Birth, death and marriage certificates
- Board and commission agendas and minutes
- Land records including deeds and maps (survey/subdivision)
- Town ordinances and special acts
- Veteran’s discharge papers (DD214s)
Please come to see us and we can help you with the following:
- Recording documents related to real estate transactions
- Release liens and Mortgages related to your Westbrook property
- Filing of Maps for your property
- Search titles of properties
- Issue Marriage Licenses for couples who wish to marry in Westbrook
- Issue and renew Dog Licenses
- Issue Liquor Permits and Trade Name Certification
- File Death Certificates
- Obtain certified copies of Marriages, Births and Deaths
- Issue Absentee Ballots for all state and local elections
- IF you need to file or get a copy of a Waters Edge Timeshare Deed
You may also call us at 860-399-3044, or email the Town Clerk for any additional questions or information you may need.
The Town Clerk’s Office is often the first point of contact for people coming into Mulvey Municipal Center (866 Boston Post Road). We are here to assist you and we are committed to providing a high level of customer service to everyone who comes to this office.