Welcome to the Town Clerk's office
The Town Clerk’s Office is often the first point of contact for people coming into Mulvey Municipal Center (866 Boston Post Road). We are here to assist you and we are committed to providing a high level of customer service to everyone who comes to this office.
The Town Clerk's office is governed by our Connecticut General Statutes and the town of Westbrook Town Ordinances. We work closely with our citizens, town officials, department heads and Registrars of Voters. We work with the Office of the Secretary of the State's Election Enforcement Division regarding state and local elections. It is our primary function to maintain and preserve official records and documents for the town of Westbrook.
The Town Clerk is the "safe keeper" of the public records:
- Birth, death and marriage certificates
- Board and commission agendas and minutes
- Land records including deeds and maps (survey/subdivision)
- Town ordinances and special acts and Town Meeting minutes/agendas
- Veteran's discharge papers (DD214s)
- Liquor Permits
- Dog Licenses
Please come to see us and we can help you with the following:
- Absentee ballots for any election or referendum **
- Filing maps
- Issue hunting or fishing licenses
- Issue marriage licenses (New Fees as of July 1, 2018)
- Issue or renew dog licenses
- Liquor permits (New Fees as of July 1, 2018)
- Notarize documents ($5 charge for non-residents)
- Recording documents related to real estate transactions (New Fees )
- Trade Name Certificates
- Waters Edge Deeds (New Fees)
Dog Ordinance Update
For information on the updated dog ordinance, please view the Updated Dog Ordinance (PDF).